Door and Gate Sensor Buy Now
Detect if any door or gate is open in your house, yard or your farm.
When used with our WiFi Sensor Hub you can get email or text notifications of when doors are opened or closed, warned if livestock gates are left open, or even tell you when your mail has arrived when used as a mailbox sensor.
The VG-SWITCH is a conveniently packaged contact closure limit switch, which can be easily mounted with it's adhesive tape, or with screws. It can be configured as normally open or normally closed, by swapping the position on an internal jumper. Likewise the direction of the trigger bar can be rotated 180 degrees, so that it can be mounted to any side of a door or gate. It is enclosed in a 3D printed enclosure, and includes a 24 inch (61cm) cable.
VG-SWITCH: Limit switch for gates and doors.
Door and Gate Sensor Applications
- Mailbox detector.
- Detect when your lifestock gates have been left open.
- Detect open windows and doors.
Door and Gate Sensor Features
- Easily mounts to any door or gate with included tape.
- Easily integrates with our VegeHub Garden Sensor WiFi Hub.
- Low cost.
- The small size make's it unnoticeable.
- Can be configured as normally open, or normally closed.
- The internal limit switch can be rotated 180 degrees to match any door configuration.
Other Vegetronix Products of Interest
- VegeHub Garden Sensor WiFi Hub
- Soil Moisture Sensors
- AquaPlumb® Water Level Sensors
- Soil Temperature Sensors
- Extension Cable for Vegetronix Sensors.
VG-SWITCH - Door and Gate Sensor Ordering Info
Contact us for volume pricing information.
|VG-SWITCH||Door and gate detector sensor||$9.95||Buy Now|
VG-SWITCH - Specifications
|Dimensions||See drawing below.|
|Operational temperature||-40°C to 85°C|
|Cable Length||24" (61cm)|
|Enclosure Material||3D Printed PLA.|
Door and Gate Sensor Dimensions
Door and Gate Sensor Instructions
The contacts of the switch can be changed between normally open and normally closed, by removing the 4 screws and opening the enclosure, and sliding the jumper to the appropriate terminals. Likewise the limit switch can be rotated 180 degrees when the enclosure is opened. The actuator should be configured such that it is parallel to the movement of the door.
VG-SWITCH - Setup with VegeHub
Use the following wiring table to connect the sensor to a hub.
|Terminal Block Pin||Wire Color||Description|